Term: Two year or as determined by the Board of Directors and Chapter Bylaws.
- Member in good standing
- Previous service on the Board of Directors, preferably in a financial capacity
- Willing to give the time, energy, talents and enthusiasm required of the position
- Good organizational skills
- Serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Chair of the Budget and Finance Committee
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings, chapter events and committee meetings
- Report on the strategies, successes and challenges of assigned committee meetings
- Act as coach, advisor and counselor to assigned committees
- Support and defend policies and programs adopted by the Board of Directors
- Submit agenda items for Board of Directors meetings in advance of meetings
- Ensure the fiscal responsibility of the committee(s) to which position is assigned
- Conduct transition meeting with successor
- Perform other duties that may be delegated by the chair and/or Board of Directors
- Manage and supervise chapter financial efforts, including:
- Manage and report on assigned charges specified in Chapter Annual Plan to be completed as designated by Chairperson.
- Fundraising – fundraising events for our designated charity, auction
- Investments and reserves – CDs, mutual funds, prudent reserves
- Bank Account – Checking and Savings
- Investment Account
- Special events – golf outings, tradeshows, special networking events
- Strategic alliances – sponsorships, partnership marketing
- Maintain proper accounting procedures for the receipt and handling of funds, maintenance of financial records, and payment of all authorized invoices
- Ensure safekeeping of chapter funds in such banks, trust companies, and/or investment accounts as approved by the Board of Directors
- Renew all permits and authorized post office boxes
- Prepare annual operating budget in December for the following year and ensure compliance once approved by the Board of Directors
- Manage budget and update monthly.
- Ensure chapter is incorporated according to chapter minimum bylaws
- Comply with all government tax regulations and file chapter tax reports as required
- Ensure chapter complies with IAEE bonding requirements
- Present up-to-date financial statements at each Board of Directors meeting
- Research current funding, partnership and investment trends and topics pertinent to the chapter and report findings to Board of Directors
- Ensure chapter submits financial information to IAEE February and August of each year
- Manage our Financial Advisor and correspond monthly accordingly regarding updates and monthly reports.
- Manage agreements of all our monthly expenses (Quick Books, Constant Contact, Adobe, Wells Fargo, Financial Advisor, Chapter Administrator)
- Regular attendance at monthly meetings, Board of Directors meetings and Executive Committee meetings
- Attendance at board orientation and midyear retreat (assessment meeting)
- Attendance at all official chapter activities
- Attendance at Chapter Leaders Forum held in conjunction with Expo! Expo!
- Chapter financial records/activities (8 hours a month)